Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, companies have either decided or been forced to go fully virtual, requiring most, if not all, of their employees to work from home. One third of companies worldwide had employees well-equipped but are the rest really prepared for this switch?
Whether we’re happy about it or not, there are still a few issues that we’re all encountering when working from home:
- Getting connected: The most common problem of working from home is dealing with internet. Suddenly the comfort of a “pop-up home office” is not always a dream come true.
- Physical space: Did your company give you a quasi-impossible list of things you have to get before working from home? Having a physical space in the house dedicated for work is not always easy.
- Meetings: Grabbing your laptop and walking to the boardroom to get into a meeting with your peers has now translated to finding a quiet spot in your house with no embarrassing background to get into that videocall.
- Getting in the zone: When we are at work, we manage to have better concentration and we don’t have any distractions that could potential makes us lose track of what we are doing. When you are at home, it’s easier to get distracted by anything.
- Extra hours: Doing hours extra is very common, we manage to take more time to do our daily tasks and to deliver work in the same time we manage to do in the office.
The stress to carry out business-as-usual is being felt by all, with mental health and stress being shone in the limelight. With no defined end in sight for COVID-19, many businesses are developing or implementing “work-from-home policies” to ensure business continuity and employee wellbeing. The ability to have a chat or a quick meeting in the office to resolve an objective is now replaced with an online meeting and a feeling of disparity. Thankfully Victory Offices is still open and providing our members with the space and technological needs without exposing anyone to risk. With flexible week-by-week options, think of our Business Continuity Program when you feel the need to get out of the house. Read more in the article.
Victory Offices is a leading workspace solutions provider of fully furnished private serviced offices, coworking spaces, meeting rooms and event functions. We have a variety of office solutions that we tailor to suit your every business need and requirement and is currently offering a 2-week free trial on Business Continuity Plan and hosting regular online webinars and live Q&A sessions to keep your business running.